Extractives industry work authority

In the extractive or quarry industry, a licence is known as a work authority. You need a work authority before starting works at a quarry.

An extractive work authority gives quarry operators the right to extract stone (e.g. sand, gravel and hard rock) from land with the landholders consent.

The work authority is only granted after:

  • a work plan is approved (for more information, contact the assessments team)
  • planning approval is granted
  • rehabilitation bond has been provided, and
  • all other required consents are in place.

Detailed information on what you need to include in your application is available in the Mineral Resources (Sustainable Development) (Extractive Industries) Regulations 2019:

Apply for or manage your work authority online using our Resources Rights Allocation and Management (RRAM) portal.

Login to RRAM

If you are unsure of your RRAM login details, contact RRAM support.

If you are unable to access RRAM you can download the relevant form from the licence forms page.

Page last updated: 29 Feb 2024